The staff here at AirTreks is happy to announce the launch of the new AirTreks.com! Months in the planning and even more in the making, we bring to you the revamped AirTreks, our new around-the-world and multi-stop international travel hub designed to give you the best trip-planning experience possible.
As leaders in the industry we felt an obligation to help our clients navigate their experience when setting up a trip, from first idea, through the booking process and once the trip has begun.
To celebrate the occasion, I’ve put together a presentation to highlight what’s new, what’s been updated and what we simply love on the new site – a little guided tour if you will.
A word of acknowledgment to all AirTreks’ customers over the years who helped make us what we are today, and to the new customers for whom this site has been made.
Here’s what’s new on the revamped AirTreks.com:
Redesigned Homepage (image above)
- A cleaner, simplified design with easier to locate sections.
- Better access to our TripPlanner tool, the most important part of any AirTreks visit.
- Dropdown menus instead of tabs that make it easier to see where you are and where you’re going.
- Quick links to our new Around-the-World Travel Planning Guide (see below).
Around-the-World Travel Planning Guide!
Presenting: Ready, Set, Go. We’re super excited about our new around-the-world travel planning guide. Making up a significant percentage of the pages of the new site, this is our exclusive guide to round-the-world trip planning, the AirTreks way. Designed to give tips, explanations and advice from our experts to help you get the most out of your trip and make the planning and booking process easier and more enjoyable.
- Ready is customized to give you inspiration and advice for the time before you buy your tickets, which is usually the most time-consuming and stressful of all the planning stages – this is where you make the biggest decisions that have the deepest implications. Ready gives tips on how to make decisions based on value and efficiency, with topics ranging from defining your traveling personality to setting a decent budget to the AirTreks philosophy.
- Set has advice to guide you through the time from when you purchase your tickets until you’re getting ready to leave, articles on everything from traveler’s health to packing.
- Go contains articles to make you a more informed traveler while you’re on the road, with tips on spending money to airline baggage restrictions to accommodations.
The Planning Guide was written to use as an central information hub, to return to again and again, 24 hours a day, for tailored advice not only for the AirTreks customer but anyone looking to embark on a long-term journey. Our aim is to give you an information thread to jump from article to article in a way that gives you what you need to know when you want to know it.
There are essentially 5 ways to navigate the new site and the Planning Guide:
Dropdown menus – from the masthead you can find several dropdown menus that show top-level page groupings. Clicking these will bring you to their page and subsections.
Direct links – at the bottom of each of the section pages, there is a list of subsections that exist below it, directly related information to the page you’re looking at. Look for the blue links.
Breadcrumbs – this is essentially your path from the top-level page. You can immediately return back to any level no matter how deep you go into the section navigation. Look for them at the top left of the page.
Related content links – Every page has a series of links to other pages of the guide that are in some way related to the one you’re on. Look for them in the right sidebar.
Tags – each page has a set of tags at the bottom that group articles together in yet another way. Clicking the tag brings you to a new page with a series of article titles.
New Sample Trips/Specials Gallery
We’ve updated the specials page to show off our most popular trips in a more efficient way. Use them as affordable trip options, to give you route ideas, or as a guide to help you plan your custom trip.
Have comments or suggestions on pages in the Planning Guide? We’d love to hear from you! Leave named or anonymous feedback for our webmaster and content writers. We may even include your feedback in future updates. Please rate the pages and leave your feedback at will.
It might be the most useful page on the entire website: the Planning Timeline. This will tell you when you should be doing everything from deciding on your route to getting your visas to kissing the dog goodbye. Written to take the stress out of the process.
Airline Website and Phone Numbers
A special page that lists the websites and toll-free numbers of every airline that AirTreks uses, and some we don’t, for your reference. Feel free to bookmark this page, or print it and take it with you.
Improved Travel Store
A special area set aside for accessing all AirTreks’ special partners and vendors. Get special rates by clicking through these links to our partner sites. Everything from phones to visa services to tour companies.
Finally, The AirTreks Difference.
The AirTreks Difference can be found on most of the pages of the site. It explains who we are, what we do and why we’re good for you!
Check out all the pages available on our site map and jump on in. Take us for a spin!
So, what do you think? Leave all your opinions no matter how minor or seemingly trivial in the comments section below. We’d love to hear from you!